I read an article recently that spoke on this same topic and some of the points the author made were absolutely correct. It’s a truth that I think a lot of times we overlook.. I mean, do Pharisees still exist today? They most certainly do, and I use to be one. The truth is nobody wants to admit or face the fact that they might actually be.. I just want to share a few points in this post today that I hope will shed some light on the issue. I hope it will also cause some of you to examine your heart and see what I once saw about myself.
A few signs you might be a modern-day Pharisee..
- You measure everything.. Numbers mean success..
- You spend more time talking about what you’re against, rather than sharing what the Bible actually teaches..
- You believe God actually needs you..
- You don’t repent of sin..
- Your salvation is based on works, not on Jesus. (any action you think made you saved)
- You read the bible to substantiate your convictions, not to be shaped into God’s image.
- You believe outsiders should conform to a certain lifestyle before they are accepted as “Christian
- You don’t know the difference between a convert and a transfer..
- All your Christian friends look and act just like you..
- If someone tries to rebuke you, you get offended and angry.
I didn’t give a detailed explanation of each point, although I can, for the sake of space and time. If you don’t agree with any of the points, let’s discuss.. Just know, my reason for the post is to shed light on things I have often struggled with.. My hope is that you see and feel my heart is only for the Glory of God. I desire for all of us to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, by knowing Him deeply and intimately and out of that we have a desire to make Him known to the world.